[Equest-users] VAV with Electric Reheat

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 27 22:04:56 PDT 2011

Sorry, Dong, if I did not interpret your question correctly. If you have a VAV
system with reheat, you will ALWAYS have the reheat available, even if just in a
space heating sense (in winter months).

You cannot change SYSTEM types in eQuest by Season. You are stuck with reheat
(especially if electric). But IF you had Hot Water reheat, you COULD schedule
your boiler off when you don't want the rehat to work.

Result? Your SYSTEM will try to reheat cold zones, and be unable to. You will
get zones whose load you cannot meet as the power behind the reheat isn't there.

The DOE-2.2 engine behind eQuest combined the old SYSTEM and PLANT into HVAC.
NOW, if your plant does not have the capability to heat or cool, space
temperatures will rise. That wasmn't true in DOE-2.1E.