[Equest-users] Sizing Ratio

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jun 28 06:57:30 PDT 2011

If the 17 floors have a collective design cooling load of 100 tons, then
you'll end up with a system capacity of 1,700 tons by doing that to the
sizing ratio...  I don't think that's your intent!

If you wish for your heating/cooling capacities to be auto-sized with
some "fluff" to account for extreme heating/cooling conditions and
internal loads that your TMY-based model might not reflect, then by all
means give your auto-sized capacities a sizing factor higher than 1.

If the modeled loads are 1/17 of what they should be in the end, I think
you would need to address the loads directly before trying to adjust the
system.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER