[Equest-users] Exceptional Calculation for drug manufacturing facility energy savings

Dana Etherington Dana.Etherington at crbusa.com
Wed Jun 29 14:26:45 PDT 2011

Bill,

Well clean rooms are required to retain a certain level of particulates in the air. Some would argue that a Grade B space requires 50 AC/hr to maintain the required particulate level (I do not know the exact levels off hand).

The idea here is to demonstrate, through analysis and documentation, that we can deviate from "industry standard" and reduce our air change rates in the different clean room spaces (still maintaining particulate level). In doing so, we can reduce our energy consumption quite a bit from the "standard" facility. We are trying to achieve a high level of LEED certification, and it will be difficult if we are not able to get credit for this energy reduction. Thanks,

-Dana

Mr. Dana Etherington, E.I.T., LEED AP BD+C | CRB | One Kendall Square Ste B2202 | Cambridge, MA 02139