[Equest-users] understanding the results

kirti pabrekar arkirtipabrekar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 00:58:37 PST 2011

hi,

i have simulated a floor plate of the entire model in equest.
the results show me values for the following,
1. space cooling
2. ventilation fans
3. miscellaneous equipments
4. Domestic hot water
5. Area lights
6. Exterior usage.

my questions are as follows,

1. i cannot understand the difference between the area lights and exterior
usage.

i remember having put in the LPD equal to 0.7 w/sqft in the wizard entry. i
have done nothing to change this value through the detailed input.

2. i do not have a clear understanding of what miscellaneous equipements
indicate. i remember having put in the EPD in the wizard entry as 0.5
W/sqft. i have not changed this too in the detailed input.

i have also noticed that the figures for DHW, Miscellaneous equipments, area
lighting and the exterior usage remain same through out my baseline runs. is
this correct?

please elaborate

Ar. Kirti Pramod Pabrekar.
IGBC AP, LEED India,
M. Arch,
Environmental Planning and Design.
+91 9821 68 2280

*...Green is a commitment...not a competition...*