[Equest-users] High throttling setting and KW/CFM calc

Travis Miller tmiller at dcengineering.net
Tue Mar 8 11:13:47 PST 2011

I am looking for a little help in trouble shooting a couple of setpoints on the attached model.

The first concern I have is my throttling setpoint. I have it 8 degrees right now. The reason for that was to eliminate unmet cooling hours. Is this a feasible approach? Is there something else that I should be looking at?

Second - Fan design KW/CFM - after reading through the archives I have figured out that I just need to restore the defaults in the static in WG box to allow the KW/CFM box to become active. Is the next step just to calculate the bhp for each unit per table G3.1.2.9, then calculate fan power from section G3.1.2.9?

I did this for my first unit and got a value of .000768318 KW/CFM. This was for system S1 with a baseline "design" (from the air side summary report) CFM of 1,986 CFM.  Does that seem like a reasonable #? I have attached my calc spreadsheet for reference, it is a little crude but I think it is correct.

Thanks again in advance.

Travis