[Equest-users] EER

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Mar 2 15:33:26 PST 2011

Good catch Paul!  A lot of my modeling of late has been outside 90.1 so my head’s not totally in the game =).

Attached is a potentially helpful resource I grabbed from the lists at some point that I’ve referenced for breaking EER into cooling EIR / fan energy, if you’re modeling under such constraints or otherwise wish to separately model fan energy.

There’s more like this to be found in attachments and discussions in the archives.

I’ve taken zeroing out the fan energy and using listed COP/EER figures for EIR’s as an appropriate method for exploring various packaged equipment options, acknowledging those figures account for associated fan energies, but Paul’s right in that you wouldn’t want to do this for an Appendix G performance rating.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers