[Equest-users] VAV minimum flow

xiaoyang shi xs2144 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 09:17:25 PDT 2011

Hi Nick,

How do you think this standard from ASHRAE 90.1 G3.1.3.13 VAV Minimum Flow
Setpoints (Systems 5 and 7). Minimum volume setpoints for VAV reheat boxes
shall be 0.4 cfm/ft2 of floor area served or the minimum ventilation rate,
whichever is larger.

In my opinion, it means, if we set "Minimum Design Flow is 0.5 cfm/ft2", the
VAV minimum flow should be set 80% (we assume the minimum ventilation rate
is smaller than VAV minimum flow.), Or I am wrong?

Thank you very much.

Best,
Xiaoyang