[Equest-users] Sub-Metering

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:44:28 PDT 2011

you can sub-meter each shell.  just be careful on how many meters you
apply to a model though.  25 meter limit max.  you can make more but the
energy & $ applied to meters in excess of the 25 limit won't report.
typically i just create these in detailed mode by copying & pasting in
from my own set of masters.  though i should note i do use the wizard to
create the external lighting power meter so the schedule is already
setup when i transition to detailed mode.  then i assign the external
power schedules to the meters i create for external power.

look in the DOE22Vol1-Basics.pdf file you can download from the same
site as equest.  page 164 has an example that won't cut & paste here
properly so here's one i've used before.

em1 = master meter
em-3 & em-4 are two different buildings assigned to em1
em-3- submeters are assigned to em-3
em-4- submeters are assigned to em-4

e-tr is the tradable exterior lighting power meter
e-nt is the non-tradable exterior lighting power meter

"EM1" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = UTILITY
    BLDG/SUB-METERS  = ( "EM-3", "EM-4" )
    ..
"EM-3" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = BUILDING
    SUB-METERS       = ( "EM-3-1", "EM-3-LTG", "EM-3-PRC" )
    ..
"EM-4" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = BUILDING
    SUB-METERS       = ( "EM-CORE", "EM-4-1", "EM-4-LTG", "EM-4-PRC",
          "EM-CORE-LTG", "EM-CORE-PRC" )
    ..
"EM-3-1" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-3-LTG" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-3-PRC" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-CORE" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-4-1" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-4-LTG" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-4-PRC" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-CORE-LTG" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"EM-CORE-PRC" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = SUB-METER
    ..
"E-TR" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = UTILITY
    EXTERIOR-POWER   = ( 5.723 )
    EXTERIOR-SCH     = ( "Ext Lighting Sch" )
    EXTERIOR-EU      = ( EXT-USAGE )
    ..
"E-NT" = ELEC-METER
    TYPE             = UTILITY