[Equest-users] Exterior Facade Lighting

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Mar 7 11:20:02 PST 2011

Hi guys,

Richard's question suggests he may not be in detailed mode yet.  You
will need to wrap up Wizard mode (SD/DD) if you haven't already - do
enter the installed kW for your exterior lighting system(s).

That load (kW) will show up as a direct exterior load on your electrical
meter (under 'utility and economics' tab) once in detailed mode.  You
assign a schedule there, and can break your exterior load into multiple
loads if you have different controls /scheduling to model (i.e.
perimeter lighting turns off at midnight, other lighting is all night,
garage lighting is 24/7, etc..).

Attached is a mailing list discussion where I basically shared a series
of schedules that anyone can use (in eQuest versions 3.63 and onwards,
as Steven says!).  If you paste those schedules into an .inp file that
you keep handy, you can simply import them into your current and future
projects, then assign those schedules via dropdown selection box at your
meter.  Pretty simple ;).

If you need more help importing, search for my name to find an importing
tutorial in the archives.

Best of luck,

~Nick

PS:  the DOE2 manual entry copied below is a little misleading - if you
set it up as an ON/OFF schedule as suggested, you won't be able to
select that schedule for a load assigned to a meter... the workaround is
to use type MULTIPLIER per the attached, and PHOTOCELL-CTRL will behave
properly ;).

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers