[Equest-users] High throttling setting and KW/CFM calc

MatthewRLarson at Eaton.com MatthewRLarson at Eaton.com
Tue Mar 8 13:31:41 PST 2011

The virtual rate is a straight $/unit rate for each utility, so $/kWh and $/therm for electricity and natural gas.  The reason they are different in this case is due to a monthly charge that is applied to each utility no matter the amount of energy used.  You can see this in the utility rate properties.  So your charge to units is not exactly proportional because of that monthly charge.  Having a demand charge for kW would also have an effect on your virtual rate.

Regarding the Pumps and Aux usage, this is coming from your Crankcase Heat that is associated with your DX cooling for each system.  This input is under Cooling, Unitary Power, Crankcase Power.  There are a number of these kind of parameters that end up in the Aux part of Pumps and Aux usage.

Thanks,

Matthew Larson, LEED AP BD+C
Project Engineer

Energy Solutions Group