[Equest-users] Chiller curve ball

Pasha Korber-Gonzalez pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 09:10:09 PST 2011

Aside from the curve input data--wouldn't you expect to see at least a
noticeable increase in chiller energy as Scroll chillers are WAY LESS
Efficient than Screw chillers anwyay?

Vik--if you are staring with a screw chiller profile and then are adjusting
to represent scroll compressor systems I think you would expect to see some
increase in chiller energy for your scroll compressors---and you probably
have multiple scroll compressors where typically the screw chiller profiles
are representing a single compressor unloading performance versus multiple
compressors unloading on one machine...

I agree that maybe 30% increase is out of whack, but my experience tells me
that a 10-15% increase in compressor energy would not be out of line for
scroll compressors and chillers versus screw chiller performance
capabilities.

I'm sorry I can't offer any help with the input of the curve data, my
experience with custom curves is less than ideal (or successful).  I have
found that my attempts at using custom chiller curves yields too much
questionability (& confusion on my end) and less than confident energy
results with each manipulation of the eQuest equipment performance curves
and variables.

Pasha