[Equest-users] Fw: which chiller curve(s) to modify?

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 14 11:35:37 PDT 2011

Jim:

To avoid confusion, I look up the default curves and use the same type of curve.

For example, the EIR f(CHWT & ECT) default curve is a bi-quadratic in T curve as
you indicated below.

For the PLR curves, the default is a bi-quadratic in ratio and DT.  eQuest
defines this curve as an EIR f(PLR & DT).  Someone sent a cut & paste from the
DOE manual which stated this should be a quadratic curve, which I do not agree
with.  Was that a DOE typo or can someone else explain why?

So normalize the PLR to AHRI standards.  The DT is the difference between the
chilled water leaving temperature and the condenser water entering temperature.

Paul  Diglio