[Equest-users] Editing eQuest Weather Files

Jonathan Chew jchew at twfp.com
Mon Mar 28 11:53:53 PDT 2011

Hi Ashu,

Thanks for the quick reply. I think my problem might have been lost in translation. To help clarify, I have included a screenshot. Basically, the root of what I need to do is have the 'User Selected' weather file be a weather file for a specific city (that happens to not be in the doe.com/download/weather site. The city is Waterloo, Ontario, Canada).

What I have done up to this point is the exchange data in a pre-existing weather file (i.e. Seattle, Washington) with data of my own (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada) using excel. The problem now is to get this new weather data to work inside of eQuest.

I understand that I need to use the PKAFT.bat program taken from http://doe2.com/index_Wth.html (bottom of the page). I'm not entirely sure how to prepare my data to be converted using PKAFT, and also, I do not know how to use PKAFT.bat properly.

Thanks again Ashu, all.