[Equest-users] Exterior doors= doors for every unit in the building

ZhangXiaojin fenfeiniao at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 09:42:20 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm a new user to eQuest. Currently I'm trying to simulate a 16-story residential building that only has a few columns and open space on the first floor. The dwelling units are built from the second floor, and people use elevator on the first floor to get into the building. So basically the exterior doors are the doors for each unit, and of course it is not placed on the facade of the building. The doors are sort of placed "within" the building, but it is exposed to the ambient environment. (After getting out of the elevator, it is public area, that is exposed to the ambient environment. See the attachment.)

Now I have two questions:

I can't place any doors on mid floors and top floors. (even use the detailed interface. It seems like I can only add windows to the mid floors and top floors.)
I don't know how to place my doors on the "interior walls" (It is probably not the right term as it is exposed to the ambient environment; but the point here is that it's not the exterior walls like the facade.)
I have attached a photo for your reference. Is there any ideas on how I can set this up in eQuest? Thanks.

Regards,
Xiaojin