[Equest-users] Appendix G. supply fan power and altitude adjustment

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue May 17 12:48:37 PDT 2011

The supply cfm reported in SV-A is corrected for altitude, but the fan
power on the same report is for sea level. So if, for example, you enter
0.0003 kW/cfm for Appendix G Baseline System 1 and 2 fan power, the SV-A
reported fan power is low relative to the SV-A flow rate. (This was
noticed in a LEED review and I was asked to verify the fan power
calculations.)

Can/should I be multiplying the baseline fan power allowance by the
altitude factor (also reported on SV-A)?

Thanks,

Bill