[Equest-users] eQuest - 64 bit - Windows XP - 'Invalid Argument'

Brad L. Huff BradH at BVHis.com
Fri May 20 09:05:38 PDT 2011

Users,

I recently received a new computer from IT, updating to a 64 bit machine running Windows XP. My current eQuest project had been crashing with an 'Invalid Argument' error while simulating parametric runs. I have now set up a second workstation in the office with a 2nd 32 bit machine and have been able to work flawlessly on the project. I wanted to know if anybody in the eQuest community has been able to successfully work on a 64 bit machine. My attempts to run eQuest on the 64 bit machine were:

-          Run eQuest 3-64 in compatibility mode for earlier versions of windows. Result: 'Invalid Argument'

-          Re-install eQuest 3-64. Result: 'Invalid Argument'

-          Browse the forums for an answer. Result: This email.

My last hope to run eQuest on a 64 bit machine is to install Windows 7 when IT is done testing the OS. Has anyone found a solution?

Thank you,

Brad

Brad Huff, E.I.T., Mechanical Engineer I BVH Integrated Services I 860.286.9171 tel I 860.242.0236 fax I 50 Griffin Road South, Bloomfield CT 06002 I .bvhis.com<http://www.bvhis.com/> I twitter.com/bvhis I Hartford  New Haven  Boston