[Equest-users] Ventilation

Shalini Modi shalinimodi at msn.com
Fri May 20 10:14:52 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to model an HVAC system with heating and cooling using radiant slab. In that case, I am trying to represent this by using hydronic heating and cooling, and turning down fan usage to that is required for only ventilation. I also need to make sure that am only bringing in as much air from outside for ventilation, as required. If someone can answer my following questions, that will be great -

How do I turn down the vent fan usage to that required only for ventilation? (I see a report SS-L, which gives fan usage for heating, cooling and during floating - what is floating? and how can I use this report to turn down fan usage?)How do I know how much of the air being circulated in the building is fresh air and how much is being recirculated?How do I make sure the air brought in for ventilation only gets circulated once in the building and that there is no recirculation?
Your response will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Shalini