[Equest-users] Geometry Questions

Patrick Keeney 38keeney at cardinalmail.cua.edu
Tue May 31 11:17:58 PDT 2011

Hello All,

I am tryinig to model a 2 story building has a below grade storage floor and
an above grade office area.  The office area is doughnut shaped with an
internal courtyard.  My questions are:

1. How would I model the internal courtyard?  I have created an AutoCAD
drawing as a background image to trace.  However, because eQuest requires
you to set the vertice points counter-clockwise, I am unable to enclose
the courtyard without missing a portion of the outer office space.
See attached image for what I mean.  Any advice?

2. For the below grade portion of the building, is there anyway to model
this floor without creating an entirely new "shell" within the wizard.
Since the below grade footprint is different from the upper story
footprint, I am not sure how to model the upper and lower stories
differently without creating an entirely separate "shell."

Any help would be great.  Thanks.

--
Patrick J Keeney
MArch-MSSD Candidate