[Equest-users] Modelling of GSHP

Alea German agerman at davisenergy.com
Wed May 18 14:52:53 PDT 2011

Hi Vipin,
Attached is an overview of the capabilities of modeling GSHPs in DOE-2.2.  Comparing a GSHP with a conventional HVAC unit using the parametric run options may be difficult because you have additional water-side components with the GSHP that you don't have with the conventional unit. I would suggest developing two eQUEST models that are identical except for the HVAC system. You could then use the parametric runs to evaluate various efficiencies, strategies, etc within each model. Hope this helps.
Alea

Alea German
Staff Engineer
Davis Energy Group