[Equest-users] Supply Fan Power

Patrick J. O'Leary, Jr. poleary1969 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:34:33 PDT 2011

it reads to me that your initial interpretation is what the reviewer is
asking for.  on the other hand the question is what is constituting an
"independent" exhaust fan here.  if the exhaust fan is part of the
balance of the supply/return/exhaust system it probably should be
modeled as such as it is not really different than having a return fan
installed in the ductwork somewhere and not in a unit itself.  per hte
90.1 user's manual (page g-28 in 2004), "System fan electrical power for
supply, return, exhaust and relief fans is calculated based on the
following formula.  The power from this formula includes supply, return,
relief, and exhaust fans ..."   if the exhaust fan is not part of the
designed system supply/return/exhaust then i would think your initial
interpretation of what the reviewer is asking is correct.  whichever
situation applies make sure the response documents the purpose of the
exhaust fans and how 90.1 applies (including section/user manual