[Equest-users] comments from USGBC

tiejun hu hutiejun1223 at 126.com
Mon Nov 7 18:36:35 PST 2011

HI everyone:
     i recieved a review about my model, its original text is that "It is unclear how the thermal zones were modeled in the Proposed and Baseline models. The thermal zones for HVAC zones designed must be modeled according to Table G3.1.7 and the thermal zones for the HVAC zones not designed must be modeled according to Table G3.1.8. Table G3.1.7 requires that were HVAC zones are defined on HVAC design drawings, each HVAC zone must be modeled as a separate thermal zone, unless all the exceptions to this section are met. Table G3.1.8 requires that the interior zones are separated from the exterior zones and the exterior zones are separated by orientation. Each space/zone served by a VAV terminal unit or single-zone HVAC system is considered a thermal zone for modeling purposes. Revise the Proposed and Baseline models, so the thermal zones in each model are consistent with the actual design. In addition, indicate the total number of thermal zones in each model in Table 1.4. The number of thermal zones must be consistent between the Proposed and Baseline models.
    in my baseline model, it is one system per floor, comply with G3.1.1,but above mentioned table G3.1.7. say that  each HVAC zone shall be modeled as a separate thermal block. in my project all conditioned zone are not adjacent. is it that every zome should have a VAV system?(my baseline is system 8). my proposed model is split system single zone  DX with elec heat. one system per zone.
    any guides will be preciated. thanks