[Equest-users] Light Shelves

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri Nov 18 11:57:46 PST 2011

So far as solar loads are concerned, overhangs can be a fine
representation, as can building shades.  Explore your chosen approach to
best capture what you're trying to emulate.

It might be a fallacy to ignore the effects of daylighting controls
however on your HVAC design, however.  If you reduce your lighting loads
by a significant fraction - there are potentially significant effects on
your HVAC system behavior.

As a caution, the rabbit hole goes deep... best of luck =)!

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers