[Equest-users] (no subject)

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Mon Nov 28 14:52:02 PST 2011

Chen,

Just to add to the responses to your question #2, the area you entered in Screen 1 in the DD wizard for the shell is used in Screen 2 to calculate dimensions when a pre-defined building shape is used. You can see this if you change a dimension and watch the other dimensions automatically change to get close to the area entered in Screen 1. The values may be off a bit due to rounding of the dimensions figured out in Screen 2.

When you enter a custom footprint, the traced area overrules the area you entered in Screen 1.

________________________________
Keith Swartz, P.E., LEED AP

Energy Engineer / Senior Project Manager
Energy Center of Wisconsin
455 Science Drive, Suite 200, Madison, WI 53711
Phone: 608.238.8276 x123
Fax: 608.238.0523

The Buildings Team
Design decisions through energy, economics and emissions analysis.
www.ecw.org/Buildings<http://www.ecw.org/Buildings>

Energy Center University
Your gateway to sustainable design training and online education programs.
www.ecw.org/university/<http://www.ecw.org/university/>