[Equest-users] Industrial Ventilation

Mike Steadman msteadman at abimechanical.com
Mon Oct 3 07:40:28 PDT 2011

Hi to all,

Can anyone tell me if there may be a free copy of this book that can be
read of found out there on the internet?

Industrial Ventilation: A Manual of Recommended Practice for Design
[Book] by ACGIH in Books

Our company deals with a lot of manufacturing facilities and I want to
learn more about how to figure out requirements for these buildings.

Our state code has changed here in Michigan and I have been doing some
research on the impact of the new code requirements and we have found
that the new formulas and defaults for mechanical ventilation seems to
reduce the amount of outside air needed for spaces. Our company is
wondering if it is worth investigating the ventilation requirements for
industrial/manufacturing. I asked the local code official and here is
what his response was to me ASHRAE 62 references lots of standards to
use. Maybe like ACGIH industrial ventilation. I myself would look for
engineering specs for this type of application if permits were required.
I don't have access to all reference from every different book.

I have reviewed ASHRAE 62.1 2004 and Michigan Mechanical Code Book 2009
both are vague for naming a method for evaluating industrial and
manufacturing ventilation needs.

Can some one maybe steer me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Mike S

Mike Steadman

Energy Manager