[Equest-users] Utility Rates

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Wed Oct 5 06:29:39 PDT 2011

Good Morning,

I got the following Warning in my detailed output file.

            BLOCK-CHARGE Cust 1 Elec TOU  IS USED IN A TIME-OF-USE

            FORMAT, BUT IS NOT TOU-SEASON-LINKED TO ANY OTHER

            BLOCK-CHARGES FOR SEASONAL CHANGES.  THEREFORE, ANY

            SEASONAL CHANGE MUST OCCUR ON THE BILLING DAY OR

            ERRORS WILL RESULT.  REFER TO REPORT ES-F.

I think this is ok, but I wasn't sure exactly what it meant so I went back
into the design wizard to take a look at the utility rates. I have two
seasons setup in my utility screen. I changed the uniform charge for kW and
kWh for both seasons to see what effect this would have. When I clicked
finish, to return to the detailed mode I now get an error which says "An
invalid argument was encountered" and then I have to reopen the project. I
have tried restarting equest and resetting the values changed, but
essentially it seems like I cannot use the wizard anymore. Has anyone ever
had this problem, or have any clue how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Shields, EIT
Facility Strategies Group, LLC