[Equest-users] Cooling capacity smaller than demand

Alex Blue ablue at sustainable-solutions.ca
Tue Oct 11 12:51:08 PDT 2011

I'm getting the following message:

**WARNING**********************************************************************

             Loop: Condenser Water Loop             cooling capacity is smaller

             than the secondary demand. Primary=  2500000.

             Secondary=  3344880.

Can anyone put me on the right track to figuring out where this secondary demand number is coming from (or has anyone dealt with this error before)?  Nothing I'm doing to the building cooling coil capacities or configurations seems to change that secondary demand.

The primary capacity is that of the cooling tower.

I do have heat recovery on the attached chiller... maybe something to do with that?

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CC8825.35AED700]