[Equest-users] Using global parameters to streamline modeling

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Oct 14 11:49:40 PDT 2011

Thanks Robby, Keith, Jeremy and Brian for your feedback.

I like the idea of referencing C-ACTIVITY-DESC in user input
expressions. What is the size limit of nested If-Then statements if you
want to allow for many space activity types? In particular, would it be
possible to create a user expression that returned the ASHRAE 90.1
baseline lighting value (W/ft2) based on space activity type? I would
want to allow at least 20 or so space types. Could you use a Switch
statement? Is there a way to assign integer values to space activity
types, since Switch needs an integer-compatible expression?

Thanks,

Bill