[Equest-users] Regular Expressions to Restore Default

Jeremy McClanathan jmcclanathan at CDiengineers.com
Tue Oct 18 10:06:01 PDT 2011

Bill,

What you are looking for is called a regular expression.  I actually use excel to do it, but that requires vba.  I posted an example of how to do it in NoteTab Light at http://www.esimforums.com/equest/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=125  I'm not familiar with other text editors, but I would assume that all of them would be capable of regular expressions.

Jeremy

Jeremy McClanathan, P.E., BEMP, HFDP, LEED(r) AP BD+C
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC8D7D.66856B70]
4200 194th St SW, Ste 200, Lynnwood, WA 98036
P 425-672-1071 | F 425-778-8769

From: Bishop, Bill [mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:30 AM
To: Jeremy McClanathan; Robby Oylear
Cc: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: RE: Switch Statement Example

Thanks Jeremy! I added an expanded version of your switch expression as an esimforums post reply.

I'd like to figure out a quick way of restoring defaults by removing the appropriate lines in the input file. If anyone knows how to do a Find-and-Replace in NoteTab Light to remove an entire line, please describe or give me a call. For example, I believe removing all the lines for LIGHTING-SCHEDUL keywords under the SPACE commands would restore the default, which would be much faster than doing a  manual right-click-R for each space in Spreadsheet view.

Thanks,
Bill