[Equest-users] 508 Compliance/VPAT

Carol Gardner gems at spiritone.com
Wed Oct 19 10:08:49 PDT 2011

Hi Tim,

My gut tells me that eQUEST itself would not need to be evaluated for
508 Compliance as it is available at no cost to anyone who has a
computer to download it on. I can't think of any accessibility issues
that would come into play related to downloading or operating eQUEST
itself, although there may be some for people whose disabilities require
modifications to their computers, but again, those wouldn't be caused by
the software.

Can you explain to your IT people (!) that is just a bunch of
mathematical algorithms gathered up in one place for the purpose of
modeling how energy is used in a building?

Good luck,

Carol