[Equest-users] eQuest for Energy Code Compliance? (Whole Building Performance path)

Dotyranch Mail dotyranch at msn.com
Sat Sep 10 19:36:55 PDT 2011

Hello eQuesters I was wondering if any of you had used eQuest for Energy Code compliance outside of California?  e.g. 90.1-2010 chapter 11 or  IECC-2009 section 506? (the whole building performance methods).If yes, specifics?  If not, what software do you use for this instead?   By 'whole building performance' I mean a shortcoming in one category (e.g. too much glass, too many lights) can be compensated for from another category (e.g. efficient HVAC).    What I have learned so far:COMcheck works fine for prescriptive compliance which is the way most commercial plans are sent through.   COMcheck is not set up for whole building performance ( I have tested this).     eQuest works well for LEED EA credits which uses 90.1 Appendix G..... Appendix G starts out by saying it is not intended as an alternative for chapter 11....  thanks folksSteve