[Equest-users] Different Ceiling Heights @ same floor

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Sep 1 13:35:05 PDT 2011

Hey GK,

I think options in the wizards may be limited/non-existent to vary
ceiling heights for a given shell (you might try doubleclicking the
zones in the mini-view under screen #2 of the DD shell wizard), but in
detailed it's relatively simple:

Go to 3D view, open a space in the tree to the left, and start by
playing with the 'flr-to-clg' property for the space - adjusting that
automatically adjusts the geometries of the associated internal/external
surfaces and the volume of the associated zone in one step.  If you have
a plenum, you may need to modify that separately.  Play with the
Z-coordinate to move a space floor up/down.  The effects of any such
adjustments should be easy to immediately observe in the 3D view behind
the dialog.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER