[Equest-users] Modeling Inclined walls in eQuest

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu Sep 15 08:13:42 PDT 2011

Not easily.

Critical details aside, I expect constructing a full 3D globe in eQuest
would be a pretty major challenge for most of us.  I've done some
complicated curvilinear 3D shapes in the past (isolated helical building
shades and similar), but those efforts required much time absorbing all
the math involved in describing that shape in order to produce formulae
in a spreadsheet to generate the correct polygon vertices and format
them in a fashion such that they may be copy/pasted or imported into an
.inp file.

Achieving a full globe would likely require a different approach -
perhaps a geometrical import via green building studio or referencing a
3D model while defining each facet polygon in detailed mode... I'd
personally ask around to see if others have tread a similar path to see
if it seems feasible first.

...But that's only my opinion ;).

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.