[Equest-users] Tip for unmet heating hours in VAV systems

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Sep 23 13:18:47 PDT 2011

Following up on this issue (HMAX-FLOW-RATIO), I have determined that the
original cause of the unmet heating hours was the fact that I had my
PVAV system COOL-CONTROL set to "Constant". Changing this to "Warmest"
with the default reset settings and letting HMAX-FLOW-RATIO default
resulted in a huge reduction in heating energy and cooling energy (by
reducing simultaneous heating & cooling I presume), with only minimal
unmet heating hours.

Bill