[Equest-users] Warning Daylighting unit normal greater than 1 - how to fix this?

Jason Quinn jason.e.quinn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:28:29 PDT 2012

I've a atrium with glass roof and walls - I've set this up with really
large separate windows. This error about unit normal has popped up in
the .sim file (although my results have not shifted that I can tell.

 **WARNING**********************************************************************
           Daylighting coefficient calculation for SPACE LV8SE Perim
Spc (G.SE10)
           for reference point   1 encountered an ERROR.
           The unit normal for the contribution from WINDOW LV8Skylt
(G.SE10.E19.S1)
           had a length greater than 1.0. WNORM was:  0.0000000
0.0000000    1.0000001
           One or more WNORM components have been reset to 1.0 to
correct the problem.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I moved the daylight sensor location and
changed the azimuth but the error has not changed.

--
Jason