[Equest-users] model takes too long to load/open

nirupama lakshminarasimhan nirupamalnarasimhan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 12:02:29 PDT 2012

I am modeling a big public school with a lot of systems and custom windows.
The equest file we have right now is taking too long to load. I've tried
opening it from different locations- the default equest project folder on
C: , the public server, external HDD, etc. It is just too slow in
"importing project data" when it opens. The last time this happened, it was
taking too long to load the BDL file and I ended up deleting a host of
systems and starting from scratch. All my files- the .inp, .pd2, etc are in
the same path. I just cannot get it to work faster. I'm trying to calibrate
the model and it is an awfully long wait for each simulation. Does someone
have any thoughts on how I could get this to work faster?

Thank you.

Nirupama