[Equest-users] Gated Community & Roof reflectivity

Yusuf Turab yusuf at ytenterprises.com
Mon Apr 9 12:24:20 PDT 2012

Hello Group

             I have just started working on my first energy modeling
project. I have two questions:

   - How do I model roof reflectivity. I want to model a roof of 4 inch
   concrete with 1 inch stucco at the bottom and top and cover the roof with
   cool roof tiles. I am not sure how I can account for the energy efficiency
   gains compared to base case through a high SRI roof.
   - I am trying to model a large gated community with 330 villas and 7
   other common buildings. As someone suggested on this group I am modeling
   each building type separately and using excel to come up with a total
   energy usage. But I am not sure how to model the street lighting and
   landscape lighting at the exteriors. We plan to use solar street lights and
   I want to demonstrate the savings through use of solar energy.

Many Thanks

Yusuf Turab