[Equest-users] Scroll chiller curves in DOE-2 library

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Apr 10 14:29:18 PDT 2012

I am modeling a new air-cooled scroll chiller, but eQUEST doesn't have a "scroll" chiller type. I'm guessing the "screw" chiller type is the closest option. Out of curiosity, I searched the library and found the following performance curves:
ScrollChlrAirCoolEIR-fPLR
ScrollChlrAirCoolEIR-fCHW&OAT
ScrollChlrAirCoolCap-fCHW&OAT

Using these curves greatly reduced (by 33%) the cooling energy vs. the default ScrewAir-EIR and ScrewAir-Cap curves. Did I find the eQUEST version of a video game cheat code? (Any reason I shouldn't use these ScrollChlr curves?)

Thanks,
Bill

[cid:image001.png at 01CD173D.066245C0]<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>