[Equest-users] how to simulate PTAC reasonably

Aaron 546751190 at qq.com
Tue Apr 24 21:25:58 PDT 2012

Dear all
     If baseline is system 1 (PTAC), the equipment is decided according to table 6.8.1D which is for the whole equipment, while 90.1 Manual says the supply fan energy (0.3W/cfm for system 1&2) should be separate from cooling system energy, shown as the picture below

     About how to calculate the COP except supply fan energy, the manual also gives the equation as shown below:

 I try to find the Cooling Capacity for every PTAC system in SV-A report and calculate the COP for the cooling section(Compressor and condenser), while when I input the cooling EIP (1/COP) in cooling uni and 0.3W/cfm for supply fan, the energy consumption is much higher than inputting the whole EER for the cooling EIR and 0 W/cfm for the supply fan before. From the energy breakdown contrast, what surprises me is that the energy for cooling is more than before.

When I try to change the fan delta t from 0.93 to 0 and find the cooling energy is decreasing than inputting the whole EER, but the sum of cooling and fan is still more than inputting the whole EER , have anyone met the same confusion before and tell me the reason and how to simulate PTAC reasonably.

Thanks a lot