[Equest-users] (no subject)

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Apr 9 12:38:37 PDT 2012

Hi Laura (and Laura's group!),  welcome to the list!

I run into this often as I move projects around and work on them from different locations.  The .dwg file itself is never an "integral/imported" part of the project's files - only a path is defined, so eQuest will prompt you on starting up for the CAD file's location any time the project's files or the CAD file is moved around (to be expected if you're working with others on a thumb drive or similar).

To re-emphasis John's point:  This isn't something to lose sleep over =).  The "CAD file not found" message is something you can safely ignore entirely once you are past zone/perimeter geometry definitions in the wizards.  The CAD file is not actually used anywhere in eQuest beyond serving as a "reference" for the duration of those screens.

Once you are finished defining zone/perimeter geometries in wizards, you can feel safe choosing "remove all" from the following dialog:
[cid:image001.png at 01CD165C.FB457D50]

For the duration where your group may wish to go back and revise those geometries using the CAD file, I'd advise keeping a copy of the .dwg file alongside other "reference" files to "browse" to as needed.

As an organizational practice/suggestion, I commonly have  a small "reference" directory that I'll save and move around alongside the actual model files containing items like this and other notes, PDF's, messages, and other electronic information I used while assembling the model.   Keeping this stuff in one place can make many things easier down the road, even well after finishing the project-at-hand!
~Nick
[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER