[Equest-users] Gated Community & Roof reflectivity

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Apr 11 13:07:11 PDT 2012

The complexity I was cautioning for a solar lighting baseline is much simpler when you're being given an installed wattage at least.  Sounds like the only thing for you to nail down is operating hours of the solar lights.

Regarding the DD wizard... I'm suggesting starting with one file then later splitting into multiple files, as you suggested for use with an external spreadsheet, to appropriately multiply the results without a massive model of the entire campus.  Here is a quick illustration:
[cid:image002.png at 01CD17F4.C52FDDC0]
After completely finishing "Building A," defined as a single shell, click "create new shell" and choose to copy "Building A."  You can then make only the necessary edits to orientation, space layout, window layout, etc... and other inputs will be repeated from the copied shell.  Repeat that procedure for as many unique buildings as you require, then when finished you can proceed with saving the project a few times and in each project removing the shells you do not need to isolate to one building.

Hope that helps get my suggestion across better!

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER