[Equest-users] Error

Javed Iqbal eee.javed at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 00:20:48 PDT 2012

Dear Sambhav,

You have specified Duct losses without a *DUCT-LOSS-ZONE*. Find revised
file as an attachment.

DUCT-AIR-LOSS

Fraction of the supply air that is lost from the ductwork, thereby reducing
the design supply air at the zones. Air lost from the ductwork will change
the temperature of the zone specified by DUCT-ZONE, which must be a plenum
or unconditioned space.

If the DUCT-ZONE is a plenum, then the duct air loss changes the
temperature of the return air entering the plenum. If the DUCT-ZONE is an
unconditioned space the duct air loss acts to change the temperature of the
zone. The program does not currently simulate duct losses to conditioned
spaces.

             Duct losses are specified without a DUCT-LOSS-ZONE;
             No plenum exists for default duct losses.

I hope some senior HVAC/Modeling consultant can shed some light on this.

Thanks!