[Equest-users] CO sensors parking

Daniel Knapp danielk at arborus.ca
Thu Apr 19 08:54:59 PDT 2012

Hi Oscar,

One way to do it would be to assume a run-time for the Proposed Case which could depend on some estimates of the CO produced in the parking garage.  I know the Canadian standard is to use a run-time of 6 hours (2 morning, 2 mid-day and 2 evening) for ventilation control.

One thing to keep in mind for LEED is that you will need to demonstrate that CO control is not standard practice in your jurisdiction.  I know it's required by the building code here in Ontario, so it can't be claimed for credit.

All the best,

Dan

—
Daniel Knapp, PhD, LEED® AP O+M
danielk at arborus.ca

Arborus Consulting
Energy Strategies for the Built Environment
www.arborus.ca
76 Chamberlain Avenue
Ottawa, ON, K1S 1V9
Phone: (613) 234-7178 ext. 113