[Equest-users] OA schedule

David Reddy david.j.reddy1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 10:32:42 PDT 2012

For LEED or other rating systems referencing ASHRAE PRM, it does seem
that the 90.1-2007, appendix g, table 3.1 statement is misleading.

However, the mandatory shutoff damper controls in section 6.4.3.4.3, I
believe, clarifies that the outdoor air should be 0 if cycling system
during unoccupied hours, except if the use of OA reduces energy costs
(night purge, economizer).

If you specify 0.001 in your MIN-AIR-SCH (enables use of economizer), I
would review your system's hourly OA levels to make sure it is behaving
as expected, especially for multizone systems.  I have found that this
can lead to a significant amount of additional heating, as the
economizer will be used to achieve the SAT control setpoint, even if
this is not appropriate in the middle of the winter...  As such, I
typically set the unoccupied MIN-AIR-SCH value to 0.

- David