[Equest-users] Getting DHW from a GSHP

Daniel Wright dwright2 at pratt.edu
Thu Aug 2 09:40:24 PDT 2012

Hello all, another DHW question:

I am trying to model a ground source heat pump for DHW. Is it possible to
do this?

I've seen several archived posted in which this question was asked and the
response seemed to be that it can't be done. Has anyone figured out how to
do it?

I've tried connecting my DHW loop to the GSHP water loop with a
water-to-water heat exchanger. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem that eQuest
allows one to hook up a water-to-water heat exchanger to a WLHP loop or a
DHW loop.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated,

Dan Wright

Assistant Professor
Pratt Institute
Dept. of Math & Science