[Equest-users] Simulation for Non AC buildings

Yusuf Turab yusuf at ytenterprises.com
Fri Aug 3 02:26:56 PDT 2012

Hello Group

           I need some advice urgently. We are trying to model a student
hostel which is completely non Air conditioned. We are doing this project
to achieve the Indian national rating system called GRIHA. Here we do not
have the concept of basecase. We simply create the proposed case and
compare it with a pre-determined energy performance index. We also have to
demonstrate the building is thermally comfortable and meets the Indian
standards for comfort

We normally use eQuest and Vis DOE for our work. But in this case how do we
get and accurate EPI and thermal comfort data. Both eQuest and Vis DOE do
not support non AC buildings and if we set the schedules as if the HVAC is
never used then how do we demonstrate the buildings are thermally
comfortable?

Are there any alternate software we can use for such a project?

Many Thanks
Yusuf