[Equest-users] Modeling Infiltration with eQUEST as told by 2005 Nonresidential ACM Manual

Arpan Bakshi arpanbakshi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:20:49 PDT 2012

Dan, eQUEST lets you specify infiltration using the following methods.

   - Air changes per hour (ACH)
   - CFM per square foot of conditioned floor area
   - CFM per square foot of exterior wall area

You can input this here in screen 3 of the building shell components dialog
of the design development wizard. You have the option of setting an
infiltration schedule in the component tree of the detailed data edit mode.
A schedule name will look like "ZG0-S1 (PSZ) P-Inf Sch" and "...C-Inf Sch"
depending on your method. Be sure to "view detailed simulation output file"
after you run a simulation to check LS-B, LS-C reports to see if the
infiltration load component is reasonable.

*Arpan Bakshi**    *LEED AP BD+C, ESTIDAMA PQP