[Equest-users] Refrigeration Modeling (2) - Zone Load

Chris Jones cj at enersave.ca
Mon Aug 6 10:52:21 PDT 2012

I am rethinking my interpretation of the REFG-ZONE-LOAD - I know
believe the manual means "the load on the case work due to heat gain
from the adjacent space" - the larger ( larger in the negative
direction ) the zone load, the move compressor is used.  The
reciprocal, heat loss in the space due to the coolness "spilling out
of the cases" is not taken into account by the program.  Therefore
the larger the negative number, the more there is "heat" in the space
and the higher the unmet cooling hours.  Just a guess but if you fix
the REFG-ZONE-LOAD and change the space temperature you achieve the
same effect - lower the space heating temperature set point, the
lower the unmet cooling hours.  If that is the case, then I suspect
that the space somehow sees the zone load as increase in heat in the space?

This would indicate that there are other REFG keywords that might
influence the heat gain to the space due to the compressor working
harder when REFG-ZONE-LOAD is larger.

Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Suite 1801, 1 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M5E1W7