[Equest-users] Transferring file that has parametric runs to another computer

Dahlstrom, Aaron ADahlstrom at in-posse.com
Fri Aug 24 13:53:30 PDT 2012

Maria -

I usually copy the PD2, the INP file with the same exact name as the PD2, and the PRD file if it exists. (The additional INP files with " - Baseline Design" or " - X" in the filename are actually generated by eQUEST during a simulation run, and are over-written every time the program runs.) Also, when needed I copy the weather file as Bill mentions.

The remainder I've found can be re-generated by running the model; sometimes I copy-and-paste them anyway if I want to be able to see results without re-calculating. If you're interested, the Modeling Procedures Quick Reference and the Introductory Tutorial have tables showing what each file means and does. (in eQUEST, click "help" -> "tutorials and reference". After opening the PDF, search "PRD")

Re: the invalid argument - I don't actually know all the reasons this pops up. I have had a lot less of these "Invalid Argument" errors once I set my eQUEST up to run "Windows XP (SP2)" compatibility mode, even though I'm on a Windows 7 machine. This can be done by right-clicking the program icon on the desktop, selecting "properties," going to the "compatibility" tab, and modifying the compatibility mode.

All the best,

Aaron Dahlstrom , PE, LEED(r) AP
In Posse - A subsidiary of AKF| 1500 Walnut Street, Suite 1414, Philadelphia, PA 19102
d: 215-282-6753| m: | In Posse: 215-282-6800| AKF: 215-735-7290