[Equest-users] heat recovery on a dedicated outdoor air with Fan coil configuration

Hayssam Barhoun Hayssam.Barhoun at arup.com
Sat Dec 15 17:48:00 PST 2012

Hello Equest-Users,

The system that I am trying to model is a dedicated outdoor air system supplying air to spaces equipped with fan coil systems. The DOAS is equipped with a sensible heat recovery and has a VSD for demand controlled ventilation.
Since 2 systems supplying one zone cannot be modeled in eQuest, I created a dummy zone assigned to my DOAS and specified the DOAS as source of outside air for the fan-coil units. When I try to model the heat recovery for the DOAS, the simulation crashes as the exhaust air temperature is very low. The idea I have in mind is to add in the dummy zone the exhaust air load that the heat recovery system will see. The questions that I have:

1-      How can you specify the load for cooling and heating? Should I specify 2 different loads as equipment load? (one for heating and one for cooling)?

2-      How can I capture the heat and cooling operation? By applying a schedule?

Is there any other way to account for the heat recovery directly in eQuest without post processing?
The next step is to model the demand controlled ventilation..

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Hayssam

Hayssam