[Equest-users] Using #SI in switch statements

Michael Hsueh mhsueh at integralgroup.com
Fri Dec 28 18:07:19 PST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to include a switch statement in an expression; the goal is to
define a surface's construction based on the surface's TILT. Here is the
switch statement I've pulled together:

switch #L("TILT")
case 0: #SI("T24 CEZ4 Metal Roof")
case 90: #SI("T24 CEZ4 Metal Framed Ext Wall")
case 180: #SI("T24 CEZ4 Mass Floor")
default: #SI("T24 CEZ4 Metal Framed Ext Wall")
endswitch

When I input this as a user-defined expression for that surface's
construction in eQuest, I receive a prompt indicating that I am not
specifying the correct number of arguments for #SI. I am confused because
the DOE2 Topics Manual states that #SI can work using only a single str
input and the example provided also only uses a single str input.

In case it's helpful, here's how the U-name for one of the constructions is
defined.

"T24 CEZ4 Metal Framed Ext Wall" = CONSTRUCTION
   TYPE             = LAYERS
   LAYERS           = "T24 CEZ4 Mtl frm Ext Wall Layers"

I would really appreciate any feedback on this!

*Michael Hsueh*
Project Engineer
I N T E G R A L
*                         ** **GROUP*